Reflection

Jaz in the OMG radio studio

12823354_10209106121518382_3782735130831803676_oHey,

So it’s coming towards the Easter holiday and as I sit here in my room, with heaps of work to complete for this semester, I am reminiscing over my time here at Staffs Uni. Now, the work load in itself has chosen to be quite a good challenge, purely because I am passionate about the radio industry in itself.

I just came back not even an hour ago from a radio interview that I conducted with a university lecturer regarding the upcoming EU Regulations and for a small moment, when I was setting up the recording equipment and gathering my questions for the interview… I honestly felt like a professional BBC radio journalist.

It may an odd thought to have but personally, it’s that very thought which reminds me that, I am one step closer in my dream of working on the radio. It’s also helps me to strive towards my goals and create a portfolio which I hope to keep for the rest of my life.

It’s quite a shame to realize that my first year is soon coming to an end, this time next September, I’ll be starting my final year (or else my maths is failing me with my calculation). However, I’ll leave those thoughts for another day.

I shall leave you with this quote.

‘Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.’ – Buddha

Peace.

Avatar photo
About Jaz 43 Articles
I’m Jaz! You’ve arrived at my blog about life through a 22-year old’s eyes. I’ve chosen Staffs to take the first steps for my career within the radio industry and hope it will lead me to being a sound designer and produce Radio Dramas/Documentaries for the BBC! I love drinking copious amounts of green tea and watching classic Doctor Who episodes. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because of the amount of banter! Students – listen up - get involved with as much as you can. University tends to flyby when you are having fun.