2016: A Retrospective Look Back

Hello!

2016… It’s been quite the wild one, eh?

It’s funny, I speak of it as it being over already but right now as you read this, I’m sitting at my desk on the second week of Christmas waiting for the kettle to boil. You should know by now that I do love my green tea.

This year has had plenty of its ups and downs, not just worldwide but personal too. We’ve seen Donald Trump become the President of the United States, Britain deciding to leave the EU, losing too many icons… it’s been quite the year indeed. However, 2016 did bring A LOT of positive news to counteract all the negativity.

Here are just a few:

1. We’ve had new chemotherapy breakthroughs for pancreatic cancer.
  2. Chocolate has become healthier (sorta). Nestle has discovered a way to slash sugar by 40% in chocolate without changing the taste.
  3. Google is planning to be entirely powered by renewable energy.
  4. Scientists have found a way to turn nuclear waste into efficient batteries.
  5. India planted over FIFTY million trees within 24 HOURS.
  6. The ‘Solar Impulse 2’ is the first plane in its existence to have successfully flown around the world without using a drop of its fuel.
  7. We have a brand new Harry Potter film. ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ has been a blockbuster hit.
  8. Child mortality worldwide is at its all-time low.
  9. Eating pasta makes you slimmer, thanks to scientists in Italy.
  10. The UN are launching space missions for countries that can’t afford it. One step closer to working together.

So, don’t feel as if this year may have gone to waste because there is so much good that’s happening in the world that doesn’t get attention it rightfully needs.

I think if anything we are all trying to make a change in the world and whether good or bad, it’s still a change. I’ve always been a believer of the good prevailing over evil. Maybe that’s superstitious or old fashioned of me but I truly do believe that the good always triumphs in the end.

So, remember. Chin up, shoulders back. Let’s see what we’re made of, you and I.

giphy

Roll on 2017.

Peace.

About Jaz 43 Articles
I’m Jaz! You’ve arrived at my blog about life through a 22-year old’s eyes. I’ve chosen Staffs to take the first steps for my career within the radio industry and hope it will lead me to being a sound designer and produce Radio Dramas/Documentaries for the BBC! I love drinking copious amounts of green tea and watching classic Doctor Who episodes. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because of the amount of banter! Students – listen up - get involved with as much as you can. University tends to flyby when you are having fun.