Being a Student Ambassador

Female student ambassador holding a campus tours sign at an open dayI applied to be a student ambassador through Unitemps a year ago and it was the best thing I could’ve done. The application process was simple and within a month I was working! So I thought it would be a good idea to explain what I briefly do and how it has helped me.

After I got the job, I had to attend a training day at the Stoke campus. Because I am a health student, I didn’t have time to do a lot of training but I would definitely say do all the training days offered. The training included talking about the role of a student ambassador and to ask any burning questions. We also got a tour of the campus at Stoke and it helped us to see how to give a good tour in the future. We also got given a red ‘student ambassador’ t-shirt that we are expected to wear when we work.

The great thing about being a student ambassador is that you are able to work when you can and there are a lot of job opportunities available. I usually receive an e-mail in advance letting me know of all the job opportunities available and if you are available to do a job you just send an e-mail back. I will then get an response back letting me know what my responsibility will be for that day, so that can usually be a runner, the person that greets everyone, giving campus or accommodation tours or talking about specific things such as the transformation of the University.

I am really enjoying working as a student ambassador, not just because of the great pay, but because it really helps me to work on my confidence further. You also get to work with different people so you are improving your team-working skills. It is also a great opportunity to make new friends and to show off how great your university is. So if the opportunity arises for you to work as an ambassador, I would definitely say give it a go!Two student ambassadors working on activity with model brains

Avatar photo
About Annrose 63 Articles
Hi! I'm a 3rd year Midwifery student, and in my spare time you'll usually find me reading, listening to music or buying things I don't need! When I graduate I'm looking forward to becoming a registered as a professional at 21, and making a difference. I’m #ProudToBeStaffs because the university is friendly and has a real community feel.