Has University been any different coming through clearing rather than the traditional route?
NO, not in the slightest
the only difference is how I applied…..
- I called Staffordshire University Clearing
- I went through grades with a Clearing staff member
- I then got transferred through to the tutor, who told me about the course and assessed my grades
- I spoke about myself, what I had done previously to applying (GCSEs, A Levels, BTECs, college and work roles that related to the course)
- Apply on www.ucas.com filling out the course you have been accepted on and personal statement
From then it was out of my hands! Waiting on a letter from the university congratulating me getting onto my course.
Within a week of applying through Clearing I would be starting university!
How is this happening so quickly!? I kept questioning myself will I still be involved in the university’s welcome week and be able to participate in all of the socials. I felt maybe everyone knows what they will be doing as soon as they move to their accommodation halls as they have known for months and I might be left out.
When I got to university this was not the case at all.
I was welcomed to every event on my course and socially throughout welcome week.
Yes, I was full of questions just like all the other new students phew!