Fully managed archaeological fieldwork services
- Desk-based assessments
- Investigating and collating the known archaeological evidence within a given area or region and producing easily accessible, jargon-free reports.
- Archaeological excavation and evaluation
- A professional and rapid service for the excavation and recording of archaeological remains, either before or during development and to assist in archaeological mitigation and the planning process.
- Historic building recording
- Cutting-edge equipment and expertise is used to record any standing building or structure. Services include laser-scanning, measured survey and photography.
- Topographic surveys
- The production of digital terrain models (DTMS) and the collection of elevation data for archaeological sites and landscapes.
- Geophysical surveys
- The sub-surface mapping of buried remains using a variety of geophysical technologies, including Ground Penetrating Radar, that can be successful in identifying features beneath concrete and tarmac.
- 360° photography
- Rapid photographic site recording and the production of fully 3D photographic environments and platforms
- Laser scanning
- The rapid laser scanning of sites, buildings and objects to produce fully-rendered 3D images, dramatic site ‘fly-throughs’ and accurate measured drawings
Comprehensive post-fieldwork analysis and data presentation
- Post-excavation analysis
- Analysing the results from fieldwork, including finds, captured data, research and publication potential, and client-based consultancy
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis
- A full range of GIS-based services including predictive modelling, environmental landscape analysis, view-shed data analysis, landscape reconstruction and 3D presentations.
- 3D visualisation
- The production of 3D visual reconstructions of specific sites and regions or landscapes.
- Digital heritage solutions
- An overarching service that includes all of the above and offers a complete and user-friendly overview of the archaeology, and the benefits this could bring to companies, institutions, and individuals.
Engagement and dissemination solutions
- Community outreach
- A wide portfolio of activities, that can include: public lectures, site visits, volunteer excavations and community engagement with heritage projects.
- Tailor-made training courses
- The Centre offers CPD workshops and training courses in all archaeology and related subjects. A totally bespoke service is available with flexible dates and times to suit each client.
- Archaeological publications
- The publication of archaeological projects ranging from books and monographs through to international and regional journals, and popular magazine.
- Analysis and publication
- Comprehensive osteological analysis of human skeletal remains.
- Detailed osteological reports can be produced in an unpublished or published format.
- Specialist skills
- Specialist in the analysis and interpretation of burned (and cremated) skeletal remains – macroscopic and microscopic analyses available.
- Bespoke workshops focusing on the analysis of burned remains available upon request.
To discuss your specific requirements, please contact:
Archaeological Project Manager
t: +44 (0)1782 294037